Thursday, October 13, 2011

my sentiment exactly...

after reading this blog of out-spoken wardina safiyah,i couldnt agreed more with her regarding this current trend of owning a designer's bag...i mean,how far one would go juz to be SEEN carrying a designer's bag?? how this designer's bag's justify u as a person?? and how can that bag of urs determined your social life?

actually,this particular issue has been messing with my head for quite sometimes...no,no,not because i dont own one - FIRST; coz clearly i cant afford one ( i can ,eventually,but i choose not to..the closest ive in possession is my braun buffel,from my hantaran that is,which i seldom used.. ) TWO; i dont feel the need to fork out quite sum of money juz for a bag,mind u,juz one...numero uno,isnt it crazeee?? u dont think so,well,shame on me then.... ;p THREE; ive other priorities in life,i.e. making sure my munchkins's college funds,insurances and their ASD is sufficient and stashed out some for holidays,makan2 and etc...in short,i chose to be cash rich.period.

ive this one occassion,where one of my friend (juz a social friend as i like to call it,we're not even close) crack into a giggles once she saw my esprit purse...and to quote her "ini brand budak sekolah laaa.." and she blurted it out with a smirk glued on her face...i was like,seriously babe?? SERIOUSLY?? so shallow laa,u...

i mean,i know kids nowadays can easily afford Guess,esprit,topshop juz to name a few..but that doesnt mean its 'childish' to be seen wearing one,dont u think?? what if thats all i can afford for? whats wrong if one choose to splurge into some middle-range brand as opposed to high-end one?? why being so judgemental??

but dont get me wrong,im definitely have no problem with people strutting around with designer's bag (be it genuine,or fake,or replicas as some might call it,whateva!!) i dont give a damn,for i believe that one can spend their money as they like...its ur moolah,go ahead...but what bothering me is when one tend to 'bergolok bergadai' juz to be seen carrying one,for me is sick!! some even boasting for having more than one,bangga wehh...hmm,i reserved my comment...

i dont mind if u're fucking rich,u can spend it like nobody business,nobody cares...but what worries me if that person live on end-meets-end basis?? let alone having a saving for rainy days...i dont think people will adore u,or look at u in awe if they know that u are broke...and,if only they knew,they will then argue bout the authencity of the bag...wouldnt it be heart wrecking knowing that u spend a good fortune of money,juz to have people question bout it? because ur life that u live in didnt match ur so called designer's bag...

anyway,its none of my business...and i need u to do the same...and,by all means,please dont judge people only by looking at their bags,or shoes alike...its the overall picture that matters the most...hope u get what i mean...i juz need to get this thing out of my chest,and now that i did,i feel glad...sorry if i hurt any of u in any ways,my intention is pure...

till then...

2 comments:

Niki said...

I like this entry. So lapang dah dada? hehehe...
Kids is priority. ;)

adaho said...

wanie : hehe,a bit laa,but the stigma is still there..indeed,kids first..