Monday, April 22, 2013

middle child syndrome?

Is it true? what say you...

For me, every child has their pros and cons, advantages or flaws...but in the end, its how we, as a parent succumbed to the need of each and every child. And this, may leads to hundreds, or maybe thousands of trials and errors. No short cut. And no manual either. 

And my daughter wasnt excluded from being diagnosed with this particular syndrome, what with her endless tantrums and meltdown, its hard to not to agree. 

She's like a ticking bomb, thats what we like to call her lately. The calm before the storm. One minute she can be such a jovial and fun person to be with, and for no particular reason, she can  be the otherwise the next. Its like having a split personality. Its tiring if I may say so, but I was told that He wont test His servants more that what they can chew,no? Thus, Im adamant to go thru this phase with her, thick or thin, rain or shine, screaming and wailing all sorts...I will always be there for her.

Still, its an everyday learning process for me, and Ben too. And I dont think she will go easy on us. There's meltdown on everyday basis...be it a heavy downpour or just a scattering rain, it happens all the time that Ive lost count. Even the tiniest issue could lead to a HUGE meltdown. Go figure. 

Alas, I believe that this phase will soon go away. Thru time, she will see that regardless whose the first to see the light, she will always be my girl, may daughter, my friend, my shopping companion. I'll held her hand with all my might, never once to let go, InsyaAllah.

Till then.

P/S : To my darling Yaya, you're such a God send. Mommy and Daddy loves u infinity. Never fear for you will always be our favourite ballerina, forever. We're always be two steps behind - to catch you when you fall but never be in your way so that you may bloom, in your own special way. Love you, baby girl. 

No comments: