Saturday, February 7, 2009

my long lost bedmate...



toon n me...
(mind my bareface,i hate putting on make up nowadays...)


i still remember back then,it was my first nite at ASTECH,still teary eyes coz it was my first time sleeping in a dorm with no one that i knew of...

well,since im arriving later than others (last minute shopping for the essentials,what else...as usual le,im trying to delay the time,isskk...sod off!!) so most of the bed has been taken...i was left with an upper bed (its the bunk bed,like any other hostels...that was positioned to 2-2-1 )...not knowing whose my bedmate will be...untill,later...

my bedmate,she's an average gal...a bit skinny,fair n has this short n curly hair...she's from gurun (nah,not the desert,its the name of a place,bout 45mins from alor setar,if im not mistaken.. ;p ) she's a firstborn herself,so,we have something in common..so,as the days go by,we become friend...n later,good friend...n by end of my year's there,she's become my best friend,no doubt bout it...eventhough,we're not in the same class,nor course...her name was saidatun atifah,n i called her TOON (pronounced to'on..)..well,i believe its her fault,coz at first everybody was calling her TUN untill she suddenly, out of nowhere spelled her name in this fancy manner...so,us (the rest of the gang) has absent mindedly ruined her hope of having a cool name,lol...but hey,its unique if u asked me,luv it, ;) ...

she's a brave gal,hehehe,whilst im the chicken one,lol...still remember there's one nite when suddenly i feel the urged to 'go' (if u know what i mean,hehehe...) so,me being the scaredy cat,ive no other choice than to wake her n accompany me to the washroom...without asking question,she juz waited for me at the stairs near the toilet with her trusty bantal busuk n eyes closed,iskkk...

however,during my second year,we're not in the same dorm anymore,how sad...n eversince then,i never slept in my bed ;P .. 1)i dont gel with my dorm mate,hardly talked with them 2)toon has this mosquito net,so bes giler,hehhe... 3)in the morning i juz wake up n back to my dorm without having to made the bed,be it mine or her,heaven, ;o (well,actually pemalas ... ;p )

somehow,after schools end,i went back to kl n while trying to sort out my teenage life i failed to keep in touch with the people thats dear to my heart....till recent CNY holiday...we met at my mom's house since she's now living at sg petani as well...boy,am i glad that she got my number from one of our friend n get the chance to meet again...she's change,phyisically (hehehe...still hard for me to digest that she can be that big,hehe,oppss,sorry toon,but luv u still,hehe...) she's married with one jovial n bubbly lil' gal name dania...but,deep inside,she's still the same gal i knew back in 90's...we had a good laugh,as we go down the memory lane...but,she couldn't stay for long as her husband has something else to attend too...so,we agreed to meet again....

n i told myself after she left,ive to make an effort to keep this ties going...ive too...

till then..

No comments: